Hello! Things have been busy here, life, kids, and all in between. We’ve been super busy getting our home ready to rent for next years Volunteer trip to Mazatlan. If you are interested in some of the things we’ve been doing in Mexico you can follow our personal blog Living An Untravelled life.
I’ve been enjoying some of the new changes that I’ve made with this business that I call Simply Inspired Design. How I work, and the projects I’m involved with have slowly changed since we’ve been back from living in Mazatlan since June of this year. With change there are challenges. I found putting my business on hold to volunteer in Mazatlan for seven months to be challenging in a lot of ways. I found the momentum of the creative side of my work took second place to our work in Mazatlan and I was challenged to think of new ways I can do both.
- I’ve discovered more and more that I dream about volunteering just as much as I do Paint colour, furniture and making homes beautiful and usable.
- I love referring people and connecting people to either a product, or a cause. I always get behind something that I believe in.
- I love the art of seeking out, and finding really amazing and unique home design products.
- I desire to help people see the potential in their homes for either home staging, and everyday life! A little or a lot of money can go a long way to how your home feels each time you walk in the door.
- I love repurposing furniture and selling it on different design sites. I have met some of the most interesting people at my door. We often get the opportunity to share about The Vineyards work in Mazatlan. Through sponsorship donors like yourself it allows change in the desolate areas of the city. The Children that are sponsored are fed through their minds, body and spirit. I’d encourage you to check out the site link and get acquainted with the program.
Most importantly, I feel called to both worlds. Living in Mazatlan last year for 6 months was honestly so refreshing. It gave me time to really discover who I was, and be confident in who I was creatively as well that I am a Child of God.
After some long weeks thinking, searching, I’ve spent some time looking to the past. Looking at the past provided me an opportunity for growth and discovery. Things such as:
Where have I been the happiest during my time in this business?
Which appointments with Clients created the most Joy for them, and myself?
How do I create a bit of income while I serve out of country 2–6 months per year and still contribute to my families well-being?
If you look all the way up, you’ll see my shop. I was approached awhile back by an amazing company here in Vancouver. I’ve partnered with them to bring my online viewers, friends, and family an opportunity to purchase unique furniture with FREE SHIPPING within Canada and the United States. I’ve curated a few different categories, so feel free to check out what’s offered. If you are looking for something specifically that isn’t shown, or a different style by all means just ask.
I’m really excited about it, and as well I’ll be adding a few more companies along the way that you can shop from, but at the same time you can support my family while you do it. To us that means a lot!
Have a great week everyone!